gravatar

Cannot open iTunes

Recently I got an error message when I run iTunes. It says, "The iTunes application could not be opened. An unknown error occurred (-200)". I finally figured out how to resolve this issue.

If you re-install the iTunes from the dmg downloaded from Apple iTunes web site, you may find the problem remains. I also searched in Google to find out how to solve the issue. Even though I moved away ~/Music/iTunes, ~/Library/iTunes, etc and that make nothing difference. I got the same error message.


The final solution is to run iTunes in 32bit mode. Get to Finder and find iTunes.app in /Applications directory. Right click on iTunes.app and selecting "Get Info", check "open in 32-bit mode". Then run iTunes.app again. Maybe this time you can run iTunes without any problems.